1. Collecting Personal Information
The following types of personal information may be collected, stored and used, either when voluntarily furnished or submitted by you to this website when completing the forms necessary to contact us:
- information about your computer, including your IP address, geographic location, browser type and version, and operating system;
- information about your visits to and use of this website, including referral source, duration of visit, page views, and website navigation paths;
- information, such as your email address, that you enter when you register on our website;
- information you provide when you register on any of our forms – for example, your name, sex, date of birth, interests and hobbies, information on education and employment, among others;
- information, such as your name and email address, that you provide to subscribe to our emails and/or newsletters;
- information you provide while using the services on our website;
- information generated when you visit our website, including when, how often and under what circumstances you use it;
- information that you post on our website with the intention of publishing it on the internet, including your username, profile pictures and the content of your posts, such as comments on our news and blog;
- information contained in any communications you send to us via email or through our website, including the content and metadata of the communications;
- any other personal information you send us.
2. Use of your personal information and browsing data
Personal information and browsing data sent to us through our website and social networks will be used for the purposes specified in this policy, which may be to:
- manage our website and our operations;
- improve the use and experience of our services;
- customize our website for you;
- correctly identify you;
- enable the use of the services available on our website;
- send products purchased through our website;
- provide services purchased through our website;
- send email notifications specifically requested by you;
- generate knowledge, innovations and/or to develop new social programs;
- send our newsletter by email, if you have requested it (you can tell us at any time if you no longer wish to receive the newsletter);
- collect and analyze statistics, studies, research and surveys that provide information about the activities and behavior in the use of our website and services, with all information being anonymized;
- handle inquiries and complaints made by or about you in relation to our website;
- keep our website secure and prevent fraud;
- reply to requests from public authorities concerning your data, including for legal proceedings;
- redirect you, our visitor, to our profiles on other websites and networks;
- verify compliance with the terms and conditions that govern your use of our website (including monitoring private messages sent through our website’s private messaging service).
If you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and use that information in accordance with the license you grant us. Your privacy settings may be used to limit the publication of your information on our website and adjusted through the use of the privacy controls on the website. Without your express consent, we will not provide your personal information to third parties for their or others’ purposes of direct marketing.
3. Disclosure of Personal Information
We may share your personal information with our staff and contractors as necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. We may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or potential legal proceedings;
- to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to third parties for fraud prevention purposes);
- the buyer (or potential buyer) of any business, asset or service that we are selling (or contemplating selling); and
- to any person whom we believe may request a court or other competent authority to disclose your personal information when, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority is likely to order the disclosure of your personal information.
4. International data transfers
Some of your personal data may be transferred to other countries, for example, when we use cloud computing services for data processing or storage located outside Brazil. In this event all applicable legal measures are taken, in accordance with the General Data Protection Act (LGPD), to ensure the protection and privacy of your personal data.
5. Retaining Personal Information
Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes must not be kept longer than is necessary for that purpose or purposes. We will retain documents (including electronic documents) that contain personal data:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or potential legal proceedings; and
- to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to third parties for fraud prevention purposes).
6. Security of your personal information
- We will take appropriate technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information;
- The data may be stored on our own servers or those of third parties contracted for this purpose, whether located in Brazil or abroad, pursuant to applicable legislation, and may also be stored by means of cloud computing technology and/or other technologies that may arise in the future, always intended to improve and perfect our services;
- All electronic financial transactions carried out through our website will be protected by encryption technology;
- To prevent unauthorized access to or disclosure of your data, we have put in place the proper physical, electronic and administrative procedures to secure and protect the data we collect;
- Our efforts are intended to mitigate risks of destruction, accidental or illegal loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access or any other form of illegal or unauthorized or inappropriate processing;
- You are responsible for keeping the password used to access our website confidential; we will not ask for your password (except when you log in to our site).
7. Your rights
- Confirmation that personal data is being processed;
- Access to personal data;
- Revocation of Consent;
- Correction of incomplete, inaccurate or outdated personal data;
- Deletion of personal data that were processed with consent or that are unnecessary or excessive, or if you believe that some provision of the LGPD has not been complied with;
- Information about which companies, partners and other institutions with whom, and under which circumstances, we may share or receive personal data concerning you;
- Information about the possibility of not providing consent and about the consequences of this denial, where applicable.
All requests will be processed free of charge and will be subject to a prior assessment of your identity and the feasibility of fulfilling the request, including an assessment of any obligations that may prevent us from completely fulfilling your request.
8. Third-party websites
Our website includes links to and details of third-party websites. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
10. Data analysis tools
These tools may collect information such as: the way you visit the website, including which pages and when you visit those pages, as well as other websites you have visited before, among other browsing data.
11. Changes to this policy
We may periodically update this policy by posting a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure that you understand any changes to this policy. We may notify you of changes to this policy by email or via the private messaging system on our website.
12. Contact us